Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Emmys 1st birthday!!!

I know its a little late posting this seeing as her birthday was 2 months ago! Sorry!
Emmy's 1st birthday turned out pretty good. There was not really a theme other then bright colors. We had some stinkin cute cupcakes thanks to my sister who insisted that we make them ourselves. I was all about going to the store and buying some but little sis said NO we can make some cute ones ourselves for way cheaper so I reluctantly agreed. We made the frosting with cool whip and neon food coloring so people would not get a sugar overload when they ate them. It was fun making them and everything was going great until the cake. The cake was originally supposed to look like a giant cup cake. We had the cool whip in the freezer to set up a bit so it would stay stiff enough to make the swirls, well we let sit a little too long so it had some parts that were frozen. Before we cut the tip of the bag to put the cool whip on the cake, we mushed it around a little first to soften up the chunks. When we were done and ready to put it on the cake I had Randi do it because she made better swirls then me while I went to work on the gift bags. Well she did a beautiful swirl job and it look like a cute giant cupcake. . . . for about two seconds, then it melted right before our eyes into a puddle on the cake!!! :(. I was very sad. There was not much we could do but put in the freezer to set again and make do with how it turned out, which was not to bad but the giant cupcake was much more cutter!
The next day we went to Ivins park for Emmy's party where we had cupcakes and played at the splash pad. Emmy made out like a bandit as far as gifts go thanks to Both her grandparents, her aunts and uncles, and my sweet friends Sarah, Emily and Val!
Thank you so much everyone for making Emmy's first birthday a great one!!!!

1 comment:

Em said...

She is so cute and I forgot how much I LOVED her tutu tell Randi she is amazing once again! Love ya