Saturday, July 25, 2009

vegas baby!

Last Tuesday my mom had to take her state boards for Nursing school in Las Vegas. She didn't want to be down there stressed out all by herself, and it was also my dad's birthday Tue, so she thought it would be fun to take the family and spend a couple days down there in our trend west. Her and my dad drove down on sun and me, Emmy, my sis and her family drove down on tue. We had a blast swimming everyday, playing rock band and eating really yummy dinners!

One of the nights there we decided to catch the shuttle and take the kids to see the lights and the M&M factory. The shuttle picks you up at trend west and drops you off at Caesars palace. well we get off the shuttle and try to decided what way the M&M factory is. We finally decide to head north and after walking quite a ways and not running into it we go into one of the shoppes to ask, and sure enough its all the way in the other direction!!! So we take off that way and about 30 min later we finally get there YAHOO! But now all the kids have fallen asleep! (I cant blame them it is already by this time almost 11 pm.) So we wake them up, buy them some M&M's and show them all the cool things. Now we have to haul butt back to Caesars palace to catch the shuttle at 11:45 pm cause the next one does not get there till 12:30 am!
We take off at a fast pace but have multiple obstacles in our way like drunk people that cant even come close to walking in a straight line, traffic lights that we have to wait for to cross the street, stairs that we have to carry strollers up and down etc....
We are about a block and a half away from the pick up spot and only five min to get there! My dad tells me to run there and see if I can get the shuttle to wait for them, so I take off running in the hot humid air get to the shuttle stop sweaty and out of breath only to find out that I just missed it by a sec! :( After everyone else gets there I tell them and we all head into Caesars palace to wait an hour and 20 min for the next shuttle.
long story short the shuttle finally came, we remembered that we didn't like the strip and we were all really happy to be off our feet and in our beds! We did all have a really good time and the best news of all is that my mom passed her state boards! She is now officially a registered nurse! GOOD JOB MOM WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! YOU HAVE WORKED SO SO SO SO HARD!!!! X O X O X O

2 comments:

Valerie said...

YAY your mom passed, that is so awesome! She has been working on getting her RN forever. I bet you guys are all so proud! And all your pictures look way cute! Lets get together tomorrow

Em said...

Great job Erm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you too!!!!